Hey y’all! Sopo and Atlanta Bicycle Coalition are going to be hosting a FREE confident city cycling workshop at our new space in Grant Park. The class will go over everything you need to know about riding safely around metro ATL. The workshop is on July 18th from 10am-3pm and you can register by clicking on the link below. Space is limited to 20 people, so sign up quick!!!
Here’s more info…
CONFIDENT CITY CYCLING WORKSHOP: FREE
Wednesday, July 18, 2012 from 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM (ET)
The Atlanta Bicycle Coalition is offering FREE neighborhood bike classes!
Many of us would love to bike for fun, fitness, or to get places, but aren’t sure how to do so safely. This concise and comprehensive class covers everything you need to know about biking safely and confidently around metro Atlanta. It includes bike handling skill drills and an instructor-led ride with feedback to reinforce what you learn in class.
Whether you are new to urban cycling and want to gain confidence riding in the street, a trail rider who would like to bike around the neighborhood with your kids, a bike commuter looking for tips on crash avoidance, or a bike enthusiastic interested in leading your own rides, this class has something for everyone.
Expect to learn something new, have your good habits reinforced and those bad habits corrected. Even seasoned bicyclists will have their eyes opened on the less intuitive aspects of Atlanta biking. You will emerge a safer, more confident cyclist.
Price: Free to commuters / residents of Downtown Atlanta
Location: Sopo‘s new shop in Grant Park
In addition, any cyclist in need will receive a free bike helmet, light set, and neon safety vest — email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (404) 881-1112 to reserve yours.
Sign up today as space is limited to 20 participants.
- Open to adults and children 14 and older with an adult present.
- This class is for adults and teens who already know how to ride a bike but want to learn how to do so more safely. If you do not currently know how to ride a bike, please checkout our “True Beginners” class
- You must bring a bike in working condition and a helmet if you have one
- Also bring water bottle; wear comfortable clothes and closed-toe shoes; pack a lunch or snack
- Finally, bring an urge to conquer Atlanta by bike.